12/09/2009

SNOW DAY = A DAY SPENT IN THE SEWING ROOM!

I have a SNOW DAY today which means I was up bright and early finishing Christmas  present projects. Unfortunately I miss an important rehearsal with my 4th and 5th grade chorus (100 member strong!) as we have our concert early next week. Snow Days are always a mixed blessing!


 I just finished a small version of the Grids & Grommets bag from Indygo Junction.(A very favorite pattern place!). It turned out great.




The pattern must be very popular as it is difficult to locate the grommets. They are also pricey so it jacks up the cost of making the bag. However, the Dritz grommets are a breeze to install and look very professional.The other project I just finished is a lap quilt called "Tradewinds" using Bali Pops from Hoffman fabrics. Again, a nice and easy quick quilt. I will post a picture in due time! Meanwhile, back to the sewing room.


2 comments:

  1. Yay for snow days! I'm so glad you started a blog! Good luck with the concert next week - I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for snow days! And good luck with the concert next week - I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete