12/15/2009

Dressing up the house and the cat

Scrambled to get the house decorated over the weekend. The demands of a music teacher during the holiday season can border on the frantic, however my husband and I braved the cold winds last Friday to venture our woods to find a tree. By Sunday, the house was all dressed up for the holidays. Most of the ornaments on the tree are handmade or nature themed. Last year I made grapevine garland for the tree and instead of placing on the tree this year I wove it around the base of the chandelier. I add a few berries for color and voile'; I really like the look.....


 The tree is especially nice this year. It can be tricky finding a tree in the wild. It's fun though and feels even better since we got it from our "backyard". Our hikes during the entire year consist of the quest for possible Christmas tree candidates.


My elementary concert is tomorrow night and with all the rehearsals and the stress of the season, it's been a challenge finding quiet time to knit and kick back. Tonight I had the pleasure of Lily, our cat sitting in the middle of my new sweater project (Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern made with Noro Silk Garden). She nestled right in the center of the sweater and since it's knitted in the round, it just kept rotating around her. Smart cat.Leave it to her to live in the lap of luxury.
Back to knitting....

No comments:

Post a Comment