12/04/2009

Pondering the Christmas Wish List...


My husband and I find ourselves at a turning point in our lives. The traditions of Christmas have fallen by the wayside with our children all grown and starting families of our own. Should we put up a tree? Should we get presents for each other?
Of course we will. However, our new agreement is one present under the tree and stockings for each other. It's really wonderful to think hard and long about the specialness of a single gift for the one you love.

We have a great little opera house in our town. It's called "The Earlville Opera House" and it has a great Christmas sale (2 rooms full) of arts and crafts of local artisans. Some really beautiful things. I buy a few things but I also enjoy admiring the objects on display to perhaps gain inspiration for myself. I hope to submit some things to sell there next year. If I just had more time to do those things! The sale is the 4 weekends prior to Christmas and last year I did most of my Christmas shopping there. (I have my eye on a watercolor print.) Keeping it local. It's a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment