12/06/2009

It's snowing!


Last night the snow finally arrived to Central New York.
The view off my front porch.......
The view this morning was so beautiful. For some reason, the morning coffee (Green Mountain Nantucket Blend) tastes better when the picture out the window is so pristine and white. Of course the urge to bake something akin to a Christmas treat seems like an obvious choice today. Last night began macerating dried fruits to make my Aunt Sue's fruitcake. My mother and I enjoy fruitcake, as long as it's filled with organic dried fruits and only the good ones....you know, figs, dates, raisins, and apricots. They are smothering in bourbon whiskey at the moment and will be battered up later this morning.
Weekends of course mean catching up on chores and some much needed fiber therapy. I made two folk art ornaments from an Indygo Junction pattern I acquired earlier this fall. They turned out beautifully and I am going to make all 6 of the patterns before Christmas settles in.



No comments:

Post a Comment