12/31/2009

More finished projects.

I've been saving my recipes little by little on Epicurious Tastebook site for some time. When they sent me a $10.00 off enticement I went ahead and gave it a try. It just came in the mail today and it's a cool, cool thing.
I have my time tested recipes in it. The ones I turn to time and again so it makes it pretty special, Also, I have credit for about 30 more pages so I can add them as I like. Hey, it's fun and pretty classy looking, too. I especially like how you can spend months (or as long as you like) designing your book. This would make a great gift for someone. I keep thinking wedding shower or baby shower. Have everyone submit a recipe and voile'....a very useful and meaningful memory book. You can add your own pictures to each recipe....another nice feature.
I just finished a nice little candle mat from one of my frequently visited quilting sites: This-n-That Fabrics.  They have lots of clever free patterns for your enjoyment. One of the free patterns was this Christmas candlemat.  I just finished making it with some leftover scrap fabrics from holiday projects. It's a sweet little thing. I'm so much more inspired to make Christmas projects immediately following the season. Probably because I have the time and the inspiration is staring me in the face. Once the tree comes down and all the decorations around the house, the holiday projects will likely follow suit.



I'm truly looking forward to the time spent in my sewing room this year AND with my knitting needles in my hands. It's back to school on Monday and I have a musical to direct that will keep me busy throughout the winter until March. I'm sure I'll have tons of projects queued up and waiting by that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment