8/05/2010

Quilting like crazy.

I think I am possessed!  I really am!
I have been so busy enjoying quilting and I am addicted. It may have to do with the fact that it is a creative outlet for me and if I'm not teaching, well why not play with needles, thread and fabric.
I have made more quilts and I think my focus has been using all of the fabric that I have on hand. I tend to admire and enjoy quilts that are more random rather than planned in terms of fabric selections.
My latest one was so much fun to do. It had it's challenges, but it was never boring!
It was inspired by a quilt book:
Radiant New York Beauties by Valori Wells.
I can't take credit for the inspiration of this pattern. It is from the book called Vintage Beauty, however they are my own fabrics from my huge stash. No fabric piece was used twice in the quilt blocks. A couple of the fabrics were duplicated in the leaf appliques. Once again, the Bernina Stitch Regulator made the machine quilting so satisfying.
It makes a beautiful wall hanging. It is about 40" x 40".



The freehand leaf quilt pattern I used throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment