6/30/2010

Home is where my heart likes to be

So this is where things stand. The school year is done and I am diving into my fiber arts projects. I am almost done with the front of the sweater I started a few months ago. I intend to knit all summer so this can be finished by fall for my husband. It's turning out nicely. I did frog the sweater after starting 6 or 7 inches as I was concerned it was going to be too small. Rather nice pattern, I think.




 I'm into making scrappy quilt projects. I found this clever pattern from allpeoplequilt.com. It's actually called Bold Sunburst Runner, but I adapted the pattern and size. I love candlemats and I just wanted something bold and fun for summer. It also gave me some more opportunities to machine quilt with my Bernina BSR.

It will be fun for a summer fiesta dinner.

















A new project just finished! Cottage Garden Table Runner
Finally, I made an extraordinary table runner. Lots of applique, but it was fun and not at all difficult, although it helps to have experience and practice, plus patience and time. This lovely pattern is from the October 2008 (issue 94) American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine (A Better Homes and Gardens Publication). It's called Cottage Garden. It has a background of Irish Chain Blocks and the flowers, stems and leaves are appliqued on top. I am so pleased with how it turned out.
This particular issue is one that has several projects bookmarked. I want to make them all. Funny how some magazines leave you wanting and then on the other hand, certain ones are destined for wear and tear!
Some close ups.....


No comments:

Post a Comment