5/30/2010

Cool / New Found things



What is it, you say? I've been meaning to get myself one of these for sometime. I've eyed them from afar online however when I went to the Hamilton Farmer's Market on Saturday I found a pottery maker named Jessica Hofmeyer who had them for sale. I didn't even hesitate to purchase it from her. It's a butter keeper. It will keep my butter spreadable and fresh this summer (and winter!) Just a really cool thing that will get constant use. (And no, even though it looks like it; I didn't have butter for dinner!)


















What I did have for dinner was a delicious new recipe from Epicurious. It's Fettucine with Peas,Asparagus and Pancetta. It is yummy and a perfect summer evening dinner.
 And to accompany this lovely dish a newly discovered Sauvignon Blanc called Brampton from South Africa. I am not a big Sauvignon Blanc fan (I'm a Chardonnay girl)  but I am going back to the store to see if I can find more bottles of this for the summer.  It is fruity and at first taste I thought this was sweet but the finish is more on the dry side. I loved it. Incredibly easy to drink and I think one that would be great for company.

No comments:

Post a Comment