8/05/2010

Quilt like crazy II

Road to Ireland Quilt.
Inspired by Fat Quarter Quilts by M'liss Rae Hawley.
I wanted a quilt to place over my bedroom headboard.
This is a very easy quilt to piece and satisfying to create. I am pleased with the color combos and again made from my fabric stash. This would also look nice hung vertically on a long narrow wall or staircase, I think.














The other quilt I have finished is an UFO. It has been on the back burner for over a year or two. It is a completely hand pieced and hand quilted little lap quilt or baby quilt. I LOVE it. I pieced most of this on long car rides. The piecing goes very quickly if you are comfortable doing it. A great way to use up tiny little scraps. This quilt just makes me happy.
It is called Jack's Chain and the Marcia Hohn's website http://www.quilterscache.com/J/JacksChainBlock.html 
has the directions for making this fun and travel friendly project.

1 comment:

  1. I really love Road to Ireland. It is so nice to have an easy project to fall back on!

    ReplyDelete