5/30/2011

Knitting a wool sweater in May. No I am knot knuts!

Happy Memorial Day. I love this quiet solemn day.
We have lived in our new house for 5 years now and finally I managed to get an American flag to place on the house. I can't tell you how many times a patriotic day would go by and I would wonder how come I didn't have one. Not any more.

Well, we are entering a hot streak of weather for New York State and it is supposed to break records tomorrow. What am I doing? Knitting a wool sweater of course. I have been trying to finish this sweater since the Spring of 2010. I posted it on an earlier blog post. Well. It's finished I'm finally proud to say. It won't be worn until next winter, but it's done.
Before:
After. Finished and blocking on May 30, 2011
It's a pattern from Garnstudio.com. Drops pattern 85-5. It's nice as these patterns are free and there are some beauties. I did purchase the yarn from Nordicmart.


The other thing I did today was GARDEN. Lots of it. Since we built our house I have been working every year to build beds and perennial gardens. Last year I invested in Irises. They are beginning their bloom and I am going to take a picture of each one so I can remember thier colors. I purchased them online (very reasonable) from The Iris Farm
I am looking forward to seeing the rest of them show off their fleeting beauty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment